We have often seen fishermen wearing glasses, but not everyone is aware that they are not ordinary sunglasses.
These sunglasses are called polarized sunglasses and are specifically made for fishing and outdoor activities.
So why do fishermen prefer polarized sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses are top-rated fishing sunglasses. An invisible filter is incorporated into these glasses that act as a shield, reducing the amount of glare and reflected light reaching the eyes. These glasses also help objects appear honed and clear.
Polarized sunglasses are very beneficial for fishermen.
They can be used on water as well as on land. What makes them so good for outdoor activities is their property to reduce eye strain caused by the sun that is uncomfortable and painful for the eyes. They are ideal for outdoor activities where polarization decreases excruciating glare.
They can enable fishermen to perceive angle in the water and enhance vision while guiding a boat.
Fishermen need a clear sight and view in order to catch fish. Their whole job is dependent on their eyes, but the glare can strain the eye and make it difficult and uneasy for the fishermen to locate fish. These polarized sunglasses will decrease or kill this glare and remove the need to squint.
Polarized sunglasses also block out harmful UV rays of the sun from reaching the eyes.
Fishermen who purchase non-polarized glasses pass up a great opportunity for this aid to fishing.
Cheap non-polarized glasses distort the vision and decrease lucidity. They are made just to decrease glare or shade the eyes. Hence, fishermen who purchase lower quality glasses mostly don’t use them because they are of no good.
In fact, these glasses make them lose fish and place them at risk to harming their boats or themselves.
Just like baits, poles, reels and fishing techniques have developed and advanced for sport fishing, so have polarized glasses.
Fashion and aesthetics in these glasses may be essential components for some fishermen, while others need to acquire a favorable position for observing sea water and even fish. All fishermen wear them to keep their eyes safe.
As with all items, production, selling techniques and free market activity have reduced the cost of the eyewear that fishermen depend on. While these glasses used to be costly, we have seen the costs drop because of competition from different brands and their assembling efficiency.
Hence, although polarized sunglasses were very costly in the past and consequently weren’t bought by fishermen, they are now an affordable requirement.
There is no doubt that polarized shades have turned out to be an essential item for a fisherman to ensure their wellbeing and improve efficiency on the water.
Pros and Cons of Polarized Sunglasses
Like everything else, polarized glasses have their own pros and cons.
Pros of Polarized Sunglasses
- They are comfortable for the eyes. Since your eyes aren’t continually tested by glare and exposed to harsh sunlight, it is easier to get a clearer view of water and fish habitats.
- Vision appears to be clearer.
- They decrease eyestrain, which can otherwise cause a headache and eye fatigue.
- They enhance color shades.
- They diminish reflections.
- They offer protection against UV radiation.
Cons of Polarized Sunglasses
- Polarized sunglasses are very costly as compared to glasses with regular lenses. Hence, it is better to invest in them only if you need them.
Best Polarized Fishing Sunglasses Under 100
There is a good range of polarized fishing sunglasses available under $100.
It is better to do some research and read some reviews prior to buying polarized sunglasses so that you can get the best quality at an affordable price. Here are some sunglasses under $100 that you might want to look into:
- Tifosi Tyrant 2.0 Polarized Dual Lens Sunglasses: These sunglasses come with a very fashionable and sleek design and are lightweight and scratch-proof. They offer complete protection from UV radiation and can fit on any face shape.
These fishing sunglasses are polarized, and there is a wide variety of lens available to choose from.
- Wiley X Saint Sunglasses: These glasses have a trendy matte black frame and grey lens. The lens is made from selenite polycarbonate, which makes them strong and unbreakable.
The 100% UVA and UVB shield will protect your eyes from bright sun glare, so you can be comfortable while fishing.
- Strike King Sunglasses: If you are on a budget, these glasses are a decent purchase for you.
They offer 100% protection from UV radiation and work efficiently to reduce the glare and eye strain you experience when you go fishing so that it is easy to locate fish. They are available in a variety of styles and colors.
- BNUS Italy-Made Classic Sunglasses: The high quality and performance of these sunglasses let them have their place among the best polarized fishing sunglasses under 100. The 0.3 mm polarizing filter helps reduce glare to a great extent. The lens provides clarity and sharpness and is true to colors.
- Flying Fisherman Sombrero 7376 Polarized Sunglasses: These sunglasses are definitely one of the top-rated fishing sunglasses.
They have a classy frame, and the lenses are scratch-proof and do not shatter.
The frame is made from nickel silver and comes with nose pads that allow the glasses to stay in place so that you don’t have to keep readjusting them. The polycarbonate lens enables the fishermen to easily search the water for fish habitats by reducing glare and eye fatigue.
If you drive, navigate, fish or spend a lot of time in the blazing sun, polarized sunglasses will be the right choice to ensure your comfort and protect your vision.
If you have trouble with your present sunglasses and feel that polarized glasses could help you, it’s better to consult your eye doctor before you get a pair.
When the sun casts a glare directly on your eyes, reach out for a pair of polarized sunglasses. You can find different models and styles online!